- Number of new species: 22 (total of 684)
- Number of targets missed: 2 (Mountain Quail, California Thrasher)
- Best bird: it's a tie between Yellow-billed Magpie (for the run-around), Chukar (for the surprise), Condor (obviously the coolest), and Burrowing Owl (the cutest)
Burrowing Owl. Winner of the cute award.
- Best surprise bird: Scripp's Murrelet. Phew!
- Worst bird: rhymes with Fountain Kale.
- No of miles driven: 2,520
- Cost of rental car damage from Wildhorse Meadows and Arrastre Creek: $0. Phew!
- Best non-countable bird:
- Best road sign:
- Most innovative attempt at hiding groinal areas:
- Most eponymous beer:
The Hayward 5,000.
Appropriately weak, bitter and cold.
- Best coffee: Philz Coffee, Sausolito. Awesome drip coffee.
- Most taunting road name if the first two words were reversed:
- Most ambiguous use of a number:
- Least intuitive souvenirs to buy from California:
Rubber horse and unicorn heads
- Best end to the birding vacation:
Thank you California. Can't wait to be back!
+ + +